THEODORE LEADERSHIP CLASS
Is it a real class?
Yes. Leadership students go to class every day for an entire block and earn a full elective credit for the course.
Who can take a leadership class?
Leadership students must have a 2.5 GPA, a good discipline record, positive teacher evaluations, and be in 10th-12th grade. Leadership students are expected to maintain a lifestyle of character, integrity, trustworthiness, respect, initiative, school spirit, and a positive attitude inside and outside of the classroom. Applications for the next year's leadership classes are available every spring.
What do students do in the leadership class?
- Study leadership principles like ethics, problem solving, communication, and teamwork through lectures and group discussions.
- Engage in learning activities such as examining leaders in a movie and conquering a ropes course on a field trip.
- Organize major events like the annual spring Leadership Conference, Love Week, and Red Ribbon Week.
- Serve the community through projects like the Help Texas and by partnering with non-profit organizations like the A21 Campaign.
How many leadership classes can I take?
Theodore's leadership program consists of three courses.
- Leadership 1 introduces students to the foundations of leadership and focuses on skills needed to grow individually as a leader.
- Leadership 2 builds on Leadership 1 by empowering students to lead a team or organization.
- Leadership 3 introduces students to various service issues and non-profit organizations and focuses on leadership qualities needed to succeed in life after high school.
Are the leadership classes part of a career academy?
Yes. The leadership classes are part of Theodore High School's Academy of Business, Marketing, and Leadership. Students can take the three sequential leadership classes to become a completer for that academy.
How do I apply for the class?
Applications for the 2020-2021 classes will be available in the spring.